The SCEDC has compiled all available historic seismic data holdings in southern California to create a single-source for online access to southern California earthquake data. The catalog goes back to the beginning of routine seismological operations by the Caltech Seismological Laboratory in 1932.
Today the catalog is stored in a central relational database which allows updates made by the SCSN and its analysts to be immediately visible to the user.
Users can search the catalog or download large time spans in pre-made files, which are re-generated daily.
- SCSN Catalog Search (1932-Present) searchable form
- SCSN Moment Tensor Catalog searchable form
- SCSN Format Earthquake Catalog (ASCII Files) Pre-made files. Please use for large time spans.
- SCEDC Format Earthquake Catalog (ASCII Files) Pre-made files. Please use for large time spans.
- Alternate Catalogs: Locations and focal mechanisms submitted by researchers
- Links to Other Seismicity Catalogs